-   -   how do you write format results of a function within a function? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/146412-how-do-you-write-format-results-function-within-function.html)

sangee

how do you write format results of a function within a function?

Hi - I would like the following "Todays date is" & today() to be displayed as
Todays date is 6/13/2007. the today() resolves to the system number. how can
I write the format in the concatenate function?

Mike H

how do you write format results of a function within a function?

Try this

=A1&" "&TEXT(B1,"dd-mm-yyyy")

Text in a1 and date in B1

Mike

"sangee" wrote:

Hi - I would like the following "Todays date is" & today() to be displayed as
Todays date is 6/13/2007. the today() resolves to the system number. how can
I write the format in the concatenate function?

Teethless mama

how do you write format results of a function within a function?

="Today date is "&TEXT(TODAY(),"m/d/yyyy")

"sangee" wrote:

Hi - I would like the following "Todays date is" & today() to be displayed as
Todays date is 6/13/2007. the today() resolves to the system number. how can
I write the format in the concatenate function?

sangee

how do you write format results of a function within a function?

Thanks Mike H and Teethless Mama. Right after this post I searched again and
good old google came to my rescue as well