-   -   IF function help needed (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/14639-if-function-help-needed.html)

jmcclain

IF function help needed

I need to use an IF function to do the following:

If cell F1 is empty, then insert the value from E1
If cell F1 has any value, do nothing

Can someone assist with the proper syntax?

Thanks

JulieD

Hi

if you want this in say G1 the formula would be
=IF(ISBLANK(F1),E1,"")
or
=IF(F1="",E1,"")

Cheers
JulieD

"jmcclain" wrote in message
I need to use an IF function to do the following:

If cell F1 is empty, then insert the value from E1
If cell F1 has any value, do nothing

Can someone assist with the proper syntax?

Thanks

Jeff

Insert this formula on E1
=IF(F1="",F1,"")