-   -   How to have multiple columns in pivot table data area? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/14637-how-have-multiple-columns-pivot-table-data-area.html)

mitch1962

How to have multiple columns in pivot table data area?

I have a pivot table that has the following columns

Username, Data, Total

For each occurrence of username I have inserted to the data area 2
fields, total number of jobs submitted and the total duration of those
jobs.

The resulting table shows 2 rows per username with the correct results
and with the field name repeated over and over, what I want is to
display the results as a column each with the field name as the column
header.

How do I do this?

regards
Mitch

--
mitch1962

Debra Dalgleish

To arrange the fields horizontally, drag the Data field button onto the
cell that contains the word 'Total'.

There are instructions with pictures he

mitch1962 wrote:
I have a pivot table that has the following columns

Username, Data, Total

For each occurrence of username I have inserted to the data area 2
fields, total number of jobs submitted and the total duration of those
jobs.

The resulting table shows 2 rows per username with the correct results
and with the field name repeated over and over, what I want is to
display the results as a column each with the field name as the column
header.

How do I do this?

regards
Mitch