-   -   Excel 2003 I want text quoted and then the value of a cell followi (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/146109-excel-2003-i-want-text-quoted-then-value-cell-followi.html)

tenchi

Excel 2003 I want text quoted and then the value of a cell followi

In Excel 2003 SP2 I need the text '1D8+' followed by the value of a different
cell. I tried Cell Formating but it didn't work.

Joerg

Excel 2003 I want text quoted and then the value of a cell followi

Suppose the value of the different cell is in A1:
="1D8+" & A1
="""1D8+""" & A1
="'1D8+1'" & A1

Example1: text not quoted
Example2: text quoted (double quote). Input: 3 double quotes around 1D8
Example3: text quoted (single quote). Input: Double quote, followed by
single quote before 1D8, then single quote, followed by double quote.

Joerg

"tenchi" wrote in message
In Excel 2003 SP2 I need the text '1D8+' followed by the value of a
different
cell. I tried Cell Formating but it didn't work.

JE McGimpsey

Excel 2003 I want text quoted and then the value of a cell followi

One way:

="1D8+" & B1

BTW: "didn't work" isn't very informative.

You can also use cell formatting. In the cell, put

=B1

and choose Format/Cells/Number/Custom "1D8+"General