-   -   Formatting (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/146039-formatting.html)

Amber

Formatting

I have a document with multiple calculations in it and for some reason today,
one of the tabs that has calculations is showing only the actual calculation
and not the result. The formatting is just not working. I even have a
column that is set up with a "date" format and formatting is not correct. It
is showing a bunch of numbers.

The other tabs with calculations in the same document are fine.

Any ideas????

Thanks.

Ron Coderre

Formatting

It sounds like you may that sheet set to display only formulas....

Try this:

Hold down [Ctrl] and press the [~] key (in the upper left of the keyboard)

That will toggle Formula Display On/Off

Does that help?
***********
Regards,
Ron

XL2002, WinXP

"Amber" wrote:

I have a document with multiple calculations in it and for some reason today,
one of the tabs that has calculations is showing only the actual calculation
and not the result. The formatting is just not working. I even have a
column that is set up with a "date" format and formatting is not correct. It
is showing a bunch of numbers.

The other tabs with calculations in the same document are fine.

Any ideas????

Thanks.

Toppers

Formatting

Check the format of the data: it suggests they are TEXT rather than the
required format.

"Amber" wrote:

I have a document with multiple calculations in it and for some reason today,
one of the tabs that has calculations is showing only the actual calculation
and not the result. The formatting is just not working. I even have a
column that is set up with a "date" format and formatting is not correct. It
is showing a bunch of numbers.

The other tabs with calculations in the same document are fine.

Any ideas????

Thanks.

Amber

Formatting

That worked wonderfully. Thanks you so much. I was getting a little
frustrated. :)