-   -   Formulas (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/146036-formulas.html)

skyjewels

Formulas

I am trying to make a formula that gives me the lowest price at a named cell.
eg. E7,L7,S7,Z7 are different prices, I want the lowest price to be at AD.

The other issue I have is that each one represents a different colour.
eg. E7 -green, L7 -purple, S7 -orange, Z7 -pink.
I want the lowest price to be at cell AD, but also colour coded.
--
skyjewels

Toppers

Formulas

=MIN(E7,L7,S7,Z7) will give the lowest price.

You will need code (I think) for the colour change but I don't how the code
can be triggered.

"skyjewels" wrote:

I am trying to make a formula that gives me the lowest price at a named cell.
eg. E7,L7,S7,Z7 are different prices, I want the lowest price to be at AD.

The other issue I have is that each one represents a different colour.
eg. E7 -green, L7 -purple, S7 -orange, Z7 -pink.
I want the lowest price to be at cell AD, but also colour coded.
--
skyjewels

Brad

Formulas

Use conditional formating on cell AD. Assuming that you are using version 2003

Format - conditional format. - allows you to have three different colors.

Therefore start with AD being whatever color default you want it to be and
then use the conditional formating to change it to one of the other three
colors as necessary. This way you can get all four colors represented.