-   -   Scenario in formula (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/145992-scenario-formula.html)

hmm

Scenario in formula

I want a formula to evaluate cells according to a scenario. In other words,
a scenario identifier will be one of the parameters of a function, and cell
arguments evaluated as if they contained the scenario's values.

Can it be done?

Toppers

Scenario in formula

An example might be useful to enable a better understanding of what you
require.

"hmm" wrote:

I want a formula to evaluate cells according to a scenario. In other words,
a scenario identifier will be one of the parameters of a function, and cell
arguments evaluated as if they contained the scenario's values.

Can it be done?

hmm

Scenario in formula

Example:
Suppose scenario A sets cell A1 to 1, and scenario B sets A1 to 2. In B1, I
would like to show 2*A1, according to scenario A (2). In C1, I would like to
show 2*A1 according to scenario B (4).