-   -   Help needed in updating excel worksheet values (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/145555-help-needed-updating-excel-worksheet-values.html)

sadat

Help needed in updating excel worksheet values

I use a sumproduct formula which links different files to a single file. The
formula is
=SUMPRODUCT(------($A$2:$A$400="SME-1736"),--($G$2:$G$400="Business
Solutions -
Dhaka"),--(TEXT($E$2E$400,"yyyymmmdd")="2007May10"),!$H$2:$H $400). The
problem is when ever I want to update the file it tells that the file has a
broken link. But when I open source file and manually update the update is
done without any problem. What is the solution to update the file without
opening the source fiel?

Thankning you in advance,
Sadat

Arvi Laanemets

Help needed in updating excel worksheet values

Hi

Some functions (p.e. INDIRECT and as much as I know all array functions like
SUMPRODUCT) don't work with source data in closed file.

Get such data into separate sheet(s) using linking formulas. Then you can
use those as data source for your formulas.

--
Arvi Laanemets
( My real mail address: arvi.laanemets<attarkon.ee )