Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Sum based on specific condition

LOL! That was just the 35th answer, do you really think a simple question
like that would have been left unanswered for 48 hours? How about getting a
newsreader?

Peo Sjoblom

"ShaneDevenshire" wrote in
message ...
Hi,

Since the system is down I can't see if you got a response to this one so
here it is:

=SUM((A1:A9B1:B9)*D1:D9)

Press Ctrl+Shift+Enter rather than just Enter

or

=SUMPRODUCT((A1:A9B1:B9)*D1:D9)

--
Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

"Wendy" wrote:

Need help...I am trying to sum only those values in column (D)
whose corresponding value in column (A) is greater than the value in
column (B).

(A) (B) (C) (D)
1. 6,942 292 0.81 5,614.84
2. 317 0 0.92 292.87
3. 6,207 20,374 7.64 47,421.48
4. 417 17,588 5.84 2,435.28
5. 43,921 108,193 1.01 44,525.47
6. 5,974 15,883 3.11 18,579.14
7. 1,834 7,062 1.79 3,283.57
8. 665 733 2.13 1,416.76
9. 21,855 24,149 1.70 37,153.00

Any suggestions? I've been struggling with this for the past few days.

--
Wendy

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Someone else might have a more elegant way of doing this, but here's what I'd
do:

In cell E1, put: =if(a1b1,d1,0). Then sum column E instead of column D to
get your total.

Hope this helps!

Sam.

"Wendy" wrote:

Need help...I am trying to sum only those values in column (D)
whose corresponding value in column (A) is greater than the value in
column (B).

(A) (B) (C) (D)
1. 6,942 292 0.81 5,614.84
2. 317 0 0.92 292.87
3. 6,207 20,374 7.64 47,421.48
4. 417 17,588 5.84 2,435.28
5. 43,921 108,193 1.01 44,525.47
6. 5,974 15,883 3.11 18,579.14
7. 1,834 7,062 1.79 3,283.57
8. 665 733 2.13 1,416.76
9. 21,855 24,149 1.70 37,153.00

Any suggestions? I've been struggling with this for the past few days.

--
Wendy

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Try

=SUM(IF(B1:B9A1:A9,D1:D9))

after typing the above press CTRL+SHIFT+ENTER instead of simple enter

"Wendy" wrote:

Need help...I am trying to sum only those values in column (D)
whose corresponding value in column (A) is greater than the value in
column (B).

(A) (B) (C) (D)
1. 6,942 292 0.81 5,614.84
2. 317 0 0.92 292.87
3. 6,207 20,374 7.64 47,421.48
4. 417 17,588 5.84 2,435.28
5. 43,921 108,193 1.01 44,525.47
6. 5,974 15,883 3.11 18,579.14
7. 1,834 7,062 1.79 3,283.57
8. 665 733 2.13 1,416.76
9. 21,855 24,149 1.70 37,153.00

Any suggestions? I've been struggling with this for the past few days.

--
Wendy

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

"Peo Sjoblom" wrote...
LOL! That was just the 35th answer, do you really think a simple
question like that would have been left unanswered for 48 hours?
How about getting a newsreader?

What?! There might be something better than Microsoft's own web site?!