-   -   Weekend (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/144946-weekend.html)

Pass Codes

Weekend

I'm trying to schedule a product through up to 4 operations. We do not
operate on Friday, Saturday and Sunday. The product has do be made the day
before it is delivered.

Question; if I have to deliver a product on 06/04/07 (Monday). Is there a
way to calculate the final aoperation to the previous Thursday? It needs to
acknowledge Sunday, Saturday, Friday, and Holidays and schedule the operation
for Thursday.

Thanks in advance

Geo

ShaneDevenshire

Weekend

Hi,

You want to use the WORKDAY(StartDate,Days,Holidays) function. To use this
function you must attach the Analysis ToolPak. Tools, Add-in.

Create a range that contains all Fridays and any other Holidays and
highlight that range for the Holidays argument of the function. The Days
argument can be negative.
--
Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

"Pass Codes" wrote:

I'm trying to schedule a product through up to 4 operations. We do not
operate on Friday, Saturday and Sunday. The product has do be made the day
before it is delivered.

Question; if I have to deliver a product on 06/04/07 (Monday). Is there a
way to calculate the final aoperation to the previous Thursday? It needs to
acknowledge Sunday, Saturday, Friday, and Holidays and schedule the operation
for Thursday.

Thanks in advance

Geo

Teethless mama

Weekend

A1: delivery date

=IF(WEEKDAY(WORKDAY(A1,-1,holidays),2)<5,WORKDAY(A1,-1,holidays),WORKDAY(A1,-2,holidays))