-   -   splitting cell (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/144904-splitting-cell.html)

anand

splitting cell

Can anyone tell me how to split a 7 or 8 digit number in a cell so that each
individual digit is in a separate cell on the same row (with margin to right
i.e. the right hand most #'s should line up).

Thanks

anand

Gary''s Student

splitting cell

if A1 contains 12345678
then in B1 thru I1, enter:
=MID($A$1,COLUMN()-1,1)

--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200726

David Biddulph[_2_]

splitting cell

If your data value is in A1, then try this in columns B to I:
=IF(COLUMN()+LEN($A1)<10,"",--MID($A1,COLUMN()+LEN($A1)-9,1))
--
David Biddulph