-   -   How do i set up a dropdown listbox of values in a column of cells (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/144671-how-do-i-set-up-dropdown-listbox-values-column-cells.html)

TheRulie

How do i set up a dropdown listbox of values in a column of cells

I'm trying to create a drop down list box in my excel sheet that is populated
by a list of values. For each cell in the column I want this drop down to
appear.

It's effectively a pick list ..

Any ideas on how to do this?

Thanks

JE McGimpsey

How do i set up a dropdown listbox of values in a column of cells

Take a look at Data/Validation in XL Help (the "About setting
restrictions on cells and displaying input and error messages" topic,
specifically using lists).

See http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal01.html for more

In article ,
TheRulie wrote:

I'm trying to create a drop down list box in my excel sheet that is populated
by a list of values. For each cell in the column I want this drop down to
appear.

It's effectively a pick list ..

Any ideas on how to do this?

Thanks

vezerid

How do i set up a dropdown listbox of values in a column of cells

On May 31, 1:59 pm, TheRulie
wrote:
I'm trying to create a drop down list box in my excel sheet that is populated
by a list of values. For each cell in the column I want this drop down to
appear.

It's effectively a pick list ..

Any ideas on how to do this?

Thanks

I think you need Data Validation for this. Menu DataValidation
choose List. You first select the entire range of cells before you
apply it. If the list of numbers is in the same sheet you just select
them in the reference box that appears in the DV dialog box when you
choose List. If your list is in another sheet you must first name it
and use the name in DV.

HTH
Kostis Vezerides