-   -   Displaying Excel data in flattened hierarchy (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/144562-displaying-excel-data-flattened-hierarchy.html)

Nagesh

Displaying Excel data in flattened hierarchy

Hi,

I have data in two columns. First one has child code and second one has its
parent code. All these entries could be running into about 10 levels in
hierarchy.

Is there a way I can show this data in flattened hierarchy in the same
sheet? I know some crude way of doing it but looking for clean way of doing
this exercise.

Thanks for the help.
Nag

Harimau

Displaying Excel data in flattened hierarchy

What do you mean by a flattened hierachy? As in all the ten numbers/codes
being joined together?