Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default ### in row & won't "auto fit" - how do I show all text?

I can't get my rows to "auto-fit" to correct height allowing all text to be
seen. I select the row then go to FormatRowautofit, but this does not add
to row height and ##### remains as only visible text in cell.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I think that you might want column autofit not row. Row adjusts the height
and column adjusts the width.

Regards,

OssieMac

"lorrainef" wrote:

I can't get my rows to "auto-fit" to correct height allowing all text to be
seen. I select the row then go to FormatRowautofit, but this does not add
to row height and ##### remains as only visible text in cell.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Excel has a problem when the number of characters in a cell is between 255 and
1024 if that cell is formatted as Text.

Change the formatting to General and the ######'s should go away.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP