-   -   paste special (values) (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/14437-paste-special-values.html)

AJPendragon

paste special (values)

I have a spreadsheet - users enter data in the sheet and need to copy to
other similar cells. However I want them to only Copy - Paste Special
(Values) so that the formulas and conditional formats are not copied with
them.

Can I either force Paste Special or disable normal paste; or is there a way
of "freezing" formulas and conditional formats to their original cells.

Someone has suggested hiding the formulas - but thst just hides the formulas
from view - it does not stop them being copied to other cells.

Thanks

Andrew