-   -   proper scaling in chart (with time-scale X-axis) (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/144034-proper-scaling-chart-time-scale-x-axis.html)

Edward

proper scaling in chart (with time-scale X-axis)

I have a chart with the following data:

x y
- -
1 1
1.25 1.25
2 2
3 3
5 5

I expect to see a chart with a straight line graph. The only way I
can get the X-axis to scale is to go into Chart Options-Axis-
Category (X) axis-Time-Scale and then format the X-axis as a number

as opposed to a date. However, this still treats my data as dates so
that 1 and 1.25 show up on the same point on the X-axis (1). Is there
any way to "number" scale my X-axis or some other approach to
accomplish this goal of my X-axis scaling along with the values?

Thanks.

Edward

bj

proper scaling in chart (with time-scale X-axis)

use the xy chart rather than the line chart

"Edward" wrote:
I have a chart with the following data:

x y
- -
1 1
1.25 1.25
2 2
3 3
5 5

I expect to see a chart with a straight line graph. The only way I
can get the X-axis to scale is to go into Chart Options-Axis-
Category (X) axis-Time-Scale and then format the X-axis as a number

as opposed to a date. However, this still treats my data as dates so
that 1 and 1.25 show up on the same point on the X-axis (1). Is there
any way to "number" scale my X-axis or some other approach to
accomplish this goal of my X-axis scaling along with the values?

Thanks.

Edward- Hide quoted text -

Thanks!