-   -   Need Zeros (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/14349-need-zeros.html)

Hday

Need Zeros

Hi
I need leading zeros to be displayed - can anybody help please.
Thankyou

Bob Phillips

Format as 0000 or as many zeroes as you need.

--

HTH

RP

"Hday" wrote in message
Hi
I need leading zeros to be displayed - can anybody help please.
Thankyou

hi,
if you need to see leading zeros, then you should format
as text and not numbers. excel will automaticly drop
leading zeros for numbers because they are not neccessary.
after formating as text, you will have to add in the
leading zeros or if you have a lot use the =concatenate
formula to add the leading zeros.
Note. you can put in a custom number format to make excel
seem to add leading zeros but that is just formating. if
you download the data to another application, the leading
zeros will not be there. if the file is opened on another
machine with excel, the leading will not be there.
formatin only change the way data looks, not the data
itself.

.