-   -   Date formula (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/14301-date-formula.html)

Sussex

Date formula

I am designing a simple spreadsheet to show a 'next review' date in
excel 97.

I have one column showing the last review date (column H) and another
column showing the next review date (column K). The formula I have
used in cell K1 is =H1+7 which then display the date in cell K1 as 7
days later ie I enter 21/02/05 in cell H1 and cell K1 then shows
28/02/05. I am entering this formula each time I make an entry.

How can I format the entire K column to automatically add 7 days
without have to enter the formula individually into each cell each time
a new entry is added?

Thanks

Tim

ps I am a novice, at best, with excel.

Roger Govier

In cell K1 enter
=IF(H1="","",H1+7)

Using the fill handle (the small cross at the bottom right of the cell),
hold your left mouse button down as you drag the mouse down the column as
far as you wish to go.

--
Regards
Roger Govier
"Sussex" wrote in message
oups.com...
I am designing a simple spreadsheet to show a 'next review' date in
excel 97.

I have one column showing the last review date (column H) and another
column showing the next review date (column K). The formula I have
used in cell K1 is =H1+7 which then display the date in cell K1 as 7
days later ie I enter 21/02/05 in cell H1 and cell K1 then shows
28/02/05. I am entering this formula each time I make an entry.

How can I format the entire K column to automatically add 7 days
without have to enter the formula individually into each cell each time
a new entry is added?

Thanks

Tim

ps I am a novice, at best, with excel.