-   -   Update date field upon cell range change (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/142899-update-date-field-upon-cell-range-change.html)

Carole O

Update date field upon cell range change

Excel 2003
I have a shared spreadsheet and the users can change any cell between
A4:K100. The date is in A3. I'm looking for code which would put today's
date in A3 when any cell in A4:K100 is changed. If someone opens the report,
but does not change it, the date does not change. That way, when the users
prepare for a meeting, they know if they have the latest report. I checked
out Timestamp, but didn't find what would suit this need.

TIA,
Carole O

Gord Dibben

Update date field upon cell range change

Carole

Don't know why JE's Timestamp won't work but try this.

On Error GoTo ws_exit:
Application.EnableEvents = False
If Not Intersect(Target, Me.Range("A4:K100")) Is Nothing Then
With Target
If .Value < "" Then
Range("A3").Value = Format(Now, "dd mmm yyyy hh:mm:ss")
End If
End With
End If

ws_exit: