-   -   Hyperlink does not adjust or move as rows are added and deleted (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/142197-hyperlink-does-not-adjust-move-rows-added-deleted.html)

harvey

Hyperlink does not adjust or move as rows are added and deleted

I have an excel worksheet.

Sheet one acts as a table of contents.
Sheet two contains 8,000 rows of part numbers

I have set hyperlinks from sheet one to sheet two. In sheet one you click on
a prodcut category and it takes you to the start of that section on sheet
two.

As I add rows or delete rows in sheet two the hyperlink remains constant and
does not move. Thus the hyperlinks becomes inaccurate.

How do I make the hyperlink move/flaot with the cell as I add and delete
rows to sheet two.

My cell links for information flaot/automatically adjust just fine. Its just
the hyperlinks which never adjust.

Niek Otten

Hyperlink does not adjust or move as rows are added and deleted

Hi Harvey,

If there are not too many categories, define a name for the start of each category and use that in InsertHyperlinkPlace in this
DocumentDefined names

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten
Microsoft MVP - Excel

"harvey" wrote in message ...
|I have an excel worksheet.
|
| Sheet one acts as a table of contents.
| Sheet two contains 8,000 rows of part numbers
|
| I have set hyperlinks from sheet one to sheet two. In sheet one you click on
| a prodcut category and it takes you to the start of that section on sheet
| two.
|
| As I add rows or delete rows in sheet two the hyperlink remains constant and
| does not move. Thus the hyperlinks becomes inaccurate.
|
| How do I make the hyperlink move/flaot with the cell as I add and delete
| rows to sheet two.
|
| My cell links for information flaot/automatically adjust just fine. Its just
| the hyperlinks which never adjust.

Dave Peterson

Hyperlink does not adjust or move as rows are added and deleted

If you want to continue to use Insert|Hyperlink style hyperlinks, you could name
each of the targets and refer to them in the Insert|hyperlink dialog.

I like to use the =hyperlink() worksheet function.

David McRitchie posted this and it might help you:

=HYPERLINK("#"&CELL("address",C5),C5)
=HYPERLINK("#"&CELL("address",sheetone!C5),sheeton e!C5)
=HYPERLINK("#"&CELL("address",'sheet two'!C5),'sheet two'!C5)

Since they're just formulas, they'll adjust when you insert/delete rows or
columns.