-   -   #Name? error message (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/142186-name-error-message.html)

Andy

#Name? error message

I have this message in a box that calculates a value using values from
a few other worksheets. Can someone tell me how to fix it.

Thanks.

#NAME?

Peo Sjoblom

#Name? error message

Either the error appears in one or multiple cells that you are calculating
with (due to misspelling in those formulas) or the formula in the"box"
itself has misspelled text, for instance if you miss a parenthesis or just
a simple misspelled formula like CONTIF instead of COUNTIF. So check the
spelling in all cells that are part of the calculation

Peo Sjoblom

"Andy" wrote in message
ups.com...
I have this message in a box that calculates a value using values from
a few other worksheets. Can someone tell me how to fix it.

Thanks.

#NAME?

Toppers

#Name? error message

It suggests it is referencing a named "variable" which cannot be "found".

What is the formula in the box/cell?

"Andy" wrote:
I have this message in a box that calculates a value using values from
a few other worksheets. Can someone tell me how to fix it.

Thanks.

#NAME?

=SumTotalHrs(Room1!E28+Room2!E28+Room3!E28)

This formula is supposed to add up values in cells that themselves
have formulas.

Thanks.

Peo Sjoblom

#Name? error message

What is SumTotalHrs? That is why you get the error

Peo Sjoblom

"Andy" wrote in message
oups.com...

"Andy" wrote:
I have this message in a box that calculates a value using values from
a few other worksheets. Can someone tell me how to fix it.

Thanks.

#NAME?

=SumTotalHrs(Room1!E28+Room2!E28+Room3!E28)

This formula is supposed to add up values in cells that themselves
have formulas.

Thanks.

Duke Carey

#Name? error message

SumTotalHrs() looks like it's calling a user-defined function. If the
function does not exist in your workbook, you'll get the #Name error

On May 9, 3:36 pm, "Peo Sjoblom" wrote:
What is SumTotalHrs? That is why you get the error

Peo Sjoblom

"Andy" wrote in message

oups.com...

"Andy" wrote:
I have this message in a box that calculates a value using values from
a few other worksheets. Can someone tell me how to fix it.

Thanks.

#NAME?

=SumTotalHrs(Room1!E28+Room2!E28+Room3!E28)

This formula is supposed to add up values in cells that themselves
have formulas.

Thanks.

I was sure that Excel help said to name it which is what I did.
That's my story and I am sticking to it. :-)

I changed it to Sum and it now works.