-   -   Data validation custom formula (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/141833-data-validation-custom-formula.html)

JICDB

Data validation custom formula

I don't really want to use a list for this data validation problem because I
have 240 items for the list. Six of those items I want to display a message
if they are entered. What kind of formula do I use for this or do I have to
use a list?

In addition (as long as I'm asking) if I wanted a warning message to come up
if the item number was invalid (I assume I need a list then) can you put two
data validation formulas for the same cell reference? I would want both of
the above conditions met with messages.

Toppers

Data validation custom formula

I think you wll need VBA ("Worksheet_Change" event) for this as you want
separate messages for the two conditions. And you will need a list for the
both the (in)valid entries and the "special six".