-   -   how to use linest to get the result as ARRAY? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/141787-how-use-linest-get-result-array.html)

Frank

how to use linest to get the result as ARRAY?

i am a excel 2007 user, I tried to lrun a regression using inest, i had
expected the result came out as an array containing a set of statistical
measurements, but instead it give me a single value, what do i do? thanks.

Harlan Grove[_2_]

how to use linest to get the result as ARRAY?

frank wrote...
i am a excel 2007 user, I tried to lrun a regression using inest, i had
expected the result came out as an array containing a set of statistical
measurements, but instead it give me a single value, what do i do? thanks.

One thing you could do is read online help for the LINEST function,
which includes the text: "Formulas that return arrays must be entered
as array formuas." That means if you're trying to return the extended
stats and you have, say, 5 explanatory variables, you need to select a
5 row by 6 column range, type the LINEST formula and press [Ctrl]+
[Shift]+[Enter] rather than just [Enter].