-   -   Can one conditionally format a WS to leave everyother row blank? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/141618-can-one-conditionally-format-ws-leave-everyother-row-blank.html)

Drew

Can one conditionally format a WS to leave everyother row blank?

I know how to format every other row for different colors, but can Excel
leave every other row blank?

Barb Reinhardt

Can one conditionally format a WS to leave everyother row blank?

Blank? Not with a conditional format. You could change the font color to
be the same as the background color and it would appear blank, but wouldn't
be blank. You'd have to use VBA to get every other row blank.

"Drew" wrote:

I know how to format every other row for different colors, but can Excel
leave every other row blank?

Gord Dibben

Can one conditionally format a WS to leave everyother row blank?

Not by formatting.

Why would you want this feature?

If just for appearance, just select a great gaggle of rows and set the height to
double what it is now.

Or select a great gaggle of rows and FormatConditional FormatFormula is

=MOD(ROW(),2)=1

Format to white font and the rows will look blank.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP