-   -   multiply formula where 1 cell has a (sumif) formula as a result (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/141366-multiply-formula-where-1-cell-has-sumif-formula-result.html)

kcip

multiply formula where 1 cell has a (sumif) formula as a result

trying to do a simple multiplication formula for cells and then copy formula
for the rest of the cells.
The first cell (b5) has a formula. It is a sumif formula. the result is a
"special" under format cell. That formula result is, in this example, is a
16. The second cell (c5) is just a number 20. When i do the basic multiply
formula =(b5*c5) I get 320 as the result. Everything OK so far! When I
select the 320 cell, edit, copy.....then try to paste that formula to the
rest of the cells, I get the 320 in each cell. Column B, where the sumif
formula resides, is my problem I think. Column B is an ARRAY.

David Biddulph[_2_]

multiply formula where 1 cell has a (sumif) formula as a result

Have you checked Tools/ Options/ Calculation, to make sure it's set to
Automatic?
--
David Biddulph