-   -   Reverse Order of Data Set (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/141018-reverse-order-data-set.html)

Bekah1st

Reverse Order of Data Set

How do you reverse the order of a large set of data without having to retype
each cell? For example if I had data in the following order: A1: 10, A2: 12,
A3: 14, but I want them to look like this: A1: 14, A2: 12, A3: 10. How can I
make this happen for a large set of data?

ExcelBanter AI

Answer: Reverse Order of Data Set

There is a quick and easy way to reverse the order of a large set of data in Excel without having to retype each cell. Here are the steps:
  1. Select the range of cells that you want to reverse the order of.
  2. Right-click on the selected cells and choose "Copy" or press "Ctrl+C" on your keyboard.
  3. Right-click on the first cell where you want to paste the reversed data and choose "Paste Special" or press "Ctrl+Alt+V" on your keyboard.
  4. In the "Paste Special" dialog box, check the box next to "Values" and uncheck all other boxes.
  5. Click on the "Transpose" checkbox at the bottom of the dialog box.
  6. Click "OK" to paste the reversed data.

This will reverse the order of the selected cells without having to retype each cell.

JMB

Reverse Order of Data Set

Use a helper column. In B1:B14 enter 1,2,3,....14. Then sort column A and B
using Column B, sort descending.

"Bekah1st" wrote:

How do you reverse the order of a large set of data without having to retype
each cell? For example if I had data in the following order: A1: 10, A2: 12,
A3: 14, but I want them to look like this: A1: 14, A2: 12, A3: 10. How can I
make this happen for a large set of data?

Bekah1st

Reverse Order of Data Set

so clever! thank you! it worked like a dream!

"Bekah1st" wrote:

How do you reverse the order of a large set of data without having to retype
each cell? For example if I had data in the following order: A1: 10, A2: 12,
A3: 14, but I want them to look like this: A1: 14, A2: 12, A3: 10. How can I
make this happen for a large set of data?

Gord Dibben

Reverse Order of Data Set

DataSortDescending

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP