-   -   Hidden Rows with Auto-Filter (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/140810-hidden-rows-auto-filter.html)

Carol

Hidden Rows with Auto-Filter

My spreadsheet has several columns. Two of which a Phase & Account Name.
Account Name is in Alphabetical Order, and each account has a Phase assigned
to it. (1,2,3,4,5,etc). I am using Auto-Filter to view each phase
seperately.

I have also created a bunch of rows right under the header row that shows
Phase Title, and Target Dates. These rows are hidden. It's nice - because
now when I sort my Phases, they show titles, and dates, and I have columns
that indicate the progress...

Problem: When I change the auto-filter drop-down from an actual phase back
to "all" - it unhides the rows, and makes my spreadsheet look ridiculous. Is
there any way to keep these rows hidden unless they are selected via the
auto-filter function?
(Praying this makes sense.)
--
Carol

Carole O

Hidden Rows with Auto-Filter

Hi, Carol -

Two thoughts - could you move your hidden rows to above the filter row - or
change the font of the hidden rows to white.

HTH,

another Carole

"Carol" wrote:

[...]

Thanks Carol. If I move the hidden rows above the filter, they won't appear
in the filter. If I change them to white, they will still appear after
sorting from, say 1 to All - and now just look like a lump of rows.

I am really wanting them to act as title rows for the filter. I was hoping
there was some kind of formula, or VBA entry that could make this happen.

Thanks again!
--
Carol