-   -   How do I mark an item as paid so it is not included in a column t. (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/14049-how-do-i-mark-item-paid-so-not-included-column-t.html)

BradLewBooks

How do I mark an item as paid so it is not included in a column t.

i am trying to keep track of all the invoices i receive from my distributors,
i run a bookshop. I am trying to creat a column which gives me a total
amount outstanding, however some of the columns have invoices paid and unpaid
and i want to mark items paid so they won't show in the total outstanding.

[email protected]

In an empty Col, say U, enter 1 for each unpaid entry.
Enter your Sum formula as follows, using Ctrl+Shift+Enter, instead of
just Enter, to make it an array formula.
=SUM((T1:T8)*((U1:U8)=1))
Enter the range that fits your needs.
Upon payment delete the entry in the U Col
Ilan

RagDyeR

If you had the amount of the invoices listed in say Column D, then create
another column, say Column E, where you can enter:
Paid

Then you could enter formulas to keep track of both categories.

=SUMIF(E1:E100,"Paid",D1:D100)

=SUMIF(E1:E100,"<Paid",D1:D100)
--

HTH,

RD

"BradLewBooks" wrote in message
i am trying to keep track of all the invoices i receive from my
distributors,
i run a bookshop. I am trying to creat a column which gives me a total
amount outstanding, however some of the columns have invoices paid and
unpaid
and i want to mark items paid so they won't show in the total outstanding.

Myrna Larson

If all you want is a total outstanding, and you have invoice amounts in one
column, say D, (as positive numbers) and payments in another column, say E,
(again as positive numbers), =SUM(D1:D500)-SUM(E1:E100) will give you the
outstanding balance.