-   -   Purpose of the Microsoft MVP (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/14020-purpose-microsoft-mvp.html)

ExcelMonkey

Purpose of the Microsoft MVP

Can some tell me what the Microsoft MVP accreditation
stands for? I am assuming that the people who have it
have proven that they are enhancing the understanding of
Microsoft software (i.e. Excel/VBA) with the public. How
does one get it? Who decides if you are qualified? And
more simply, and perhaps a silly question, why would
someone pursue the accreditation? Sheer enjoyment of
learning/teaching? Or are there professional benefits
that are associated with it?

thnx

Niek Otten

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/gp/mvpintro