Telly

Default SUMIF using VLOOKUP as criteria

Is the SUMIF function able to use a VLOOKUP as a criteria? I am trying to add
numbers having the same account number, where the account number and numbers
to be added are in another workbook. Do I put the VLOOKUP criteria in quotes?
Here's what I have:

=SUMIF(range in the other workbook showing account numbers, VLOOKUP(cell in
current workbook, range in other workbook,column in other workbook, false),
sumrange in other workbook)

Is there another way to do this? Thanks.
Jason Morin

Yes, you can use VLOOKUP to return a value to use as the
criteria portion of SUMIF. Here's an example:

=SUMIF([Book6]Sheet1!$A:$A,VLOOKUP(A1,[Book6]Sheet1!
$G:$H,2,0),[Book6]Sheet1!$B:$B)

HTH
Jason
Atlanta, GA