-   -   Return a list dependent upon the selection of a preceeding list (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/138609-return-list-dependent-upon-selection-preceeding-list.html)

Aja K

Return a list dependent upon the selection of a preceeding list

I am creating a form defined by Category, Item, and sub-item. I would like
to be able to select the category from a list. Then dependent upon that
answer I would like to be able to select the appropriate item from that
specific Category list and so on. How can I do this?
--
Thank you kindly,
Aja

Ron Coderre

Return a list dependent upon the selection of a preceeding list

See Debra Dalgleish's instructions for using Dependent Lists:

Does that help?
***********
Regards,
Ron

XL2002, WinXP

"Aja K" wrote:

I am creating a form defined by Category, Item, and sub-item. I would like
to be able to select the category from a list. Then dependent upon that
answer I would like to be able to select the appropriate item from that
specific Category list and so on. How can I do this?
--
Thank you kindly,
Aja

Peo Sjoblom

"Aja K" wrote in message
I am creating a form defined by Category, Item, and sub-item. I would like
to be able to select the category from a list. Then dependent upon that
answer I would like to be able to select the appropriate item from that
specific Category list and so on. How can I do this?
--
Thank you kindly,
Aja

Aja K

Return a list dependent upon the selection of a preceeding lis

You rock Ron. This is what I was hunting for.
--
Thank you kindly,
Aja

"Aja K" wrote:

I am creating a form defined by Category, Item, and sub-item. I would like
to be able to select the category from a list. Then dependent upon that
answer I would like to be able to select the appropriate item from that
specific Category list and so on. How can I do this?
--
Thank you kindly,
Aja

Gord Dibben

Return a list dependent upon the selection of a preceeding list

Aja

Check out Debra Dalgleish's site for dependent lists using Data Validation
drop-downs.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP