ExcelBanter

-   -   Colorful Dropdown Lists (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/138171-colorful-dropdown-lists.html)

creative schwabbie April 7th 07 12:24 AM

Colorful Dropdown Lists

Hi,

I've seen it in other sheets but can't figure out how to create one. I'm
trying to create a dropdown list that changes color whit each selection. For
instance, Pass = Green, Fail = Red and Not Executed = Yellow. I'm able the
create the dropdown list and put it in the cell but can't seem to give it
color. Does anyone know how?

Thanks!

Dave Peterson April 7th 07 12:28 AM

Colorful Dropdown Lists

I'm assuming that you created the dropdown list via data|validation.

Look at Format|Conditional formatting.

This won't shade the options, but it will shade the cell after you've updated
the cell.

Max April 7th 07 12:40 AM

Colorful Dropdown Lists

The coloring effect can be achieved via applying conditional format on the DV
cells.

Assume your DV list is applied to col A.

Select col A (A1 active),
click Format Cond Formatting, and apply it as:

Condition 1, Formula is:
=A1="Pass"
Format: Green fill

Condition 2, Formula is: