-   -   some sort of an IF function (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/13814-some-sort-if-function.html)

Jaladino

some sort of an IF function

what I did.
A list of product codes from J21:J37 and the product description from
K21:K37 than the price from L21:L37.
In each cell ranging from B21 to B32 I've entered a drop down list
containing the list of product codes. In C21 through C32 I want to display
the product description which is in the cell right next to the code selected
in the B column

R.VENKATARAMAN

try this

type in C21

=VLOOKUP(B21,$J$21:$L$37,2,FALSE)

copy this to the other cells in the C column