-   -   Merging Databases (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/137674-merging-databases.html)

archsmooth

Merging Databases

I have two worksheets with several columns of data but only have one common
alphanumeric column type, combining in Worksheet 3. I want to keep all
Worksheet 1 (new) data. If Worksheet 2 (old) has duplicate in comparable
column, then only keep Worksheet 1 data. If not, then old data columns
retained. As a bonus, the new worksheet would separate the data. I guess all
I really need is the Worksheet 2 filtered data, since all of Worksheet 1 will
be retained.

MH[_2_]

Merging Databases

Is there any reason you are not storing this "database" in a database?

MH