-   -   Excel fomula (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/137062-excel-fomula.html)

xpert 1

Excel fomula

Can anyone help with this?

I wish to use say 16 numbers in groups of 4 on 5 seperate occasions and not
have the same number apear twice with any other numer used previously?

Is this able to be done or am I expecting too much!

JE McGimpsey

Excel fomula

Hmmm... 5 groups of 4 numbers out of 16 without duplication isn't
possible (you'd need at least 20).

You might find one of the techniques here helpful:

http://mcgimpsey.com/excel/udfs/randint.html

In article ,
xpert 1 <xpert wrote:

Can anyone help with this?

I wish to use say 16 numbers in groups of 4 on 5 seperate occasions and not
have the same number apear twice with any other numer used previously?

Is this able to be done or am I expecting too much!

xpert 1[_2_]

Excel fomula

Thanks JE McGimpsey, that sort of helps but it still is useing the same
number more than once. Where I am trying to use this is in the form of a golf
trip with 16 players playing in groups of 4 over 5 days, so as not to have
anyone of the 4 in the group playing with someone they have already played
with over the 5 days of golf, that is so everybody plays with someone once
only?
--
Thanks from down under!!

"xpert 1" wrote:

Can anyone help with this?

I wish to use say 16 numbers in groups of 4 on 5 seperate occasions and not
have the same number apear twice with any other numer used previously?

Is this able to be done or am I expecting too much!

JE McGimpsey

Excel fomula

I really don't know any formulaic way to do this in XL.