-   -   How can I automate the process of copying the first letter of a ce (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/136795-how-can-i-automate-process-copying-first-letter-ce.html)

Steve

How can I automate the process of copying the first letter of a ce

So I have my students first names in column A and I want to show their first
name initial in colum B. And I need to do it for 180 students
Cheers
Steve

Max

How can I automate the process of copying the first letter of a ce

Assuming names in A2 down
In B2: =LEFT(TRIM(A2))
Copy down
--