Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default how do I make my spread sheet calulate. I know nothing about excel

I have never used excel 2003 before. I am trying to keep monthly log of
method of payment for my business. I work as contract worker. The method of
payment from clients vary. Some pay me by check for full amount . Some use
debit or credit card or gift cert. It is a 60%-40% between me and the
business I work at. I need to keep a running log of how much they owe me, or
what I owe them
Example:
3/20 Jane Doe service GC#000 $60.00 +$36.00
3/21 Jane Smith service cash $60.00 -$24.00
3/23 John Smith service debit $60.00 +36.00
Is this to much to ask?

It would keep track of totals at end of page