-   -   Function question: (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/136305-function-question.html)

[email protected]

Function question:

Okay, I am sure I am an idiot, but I want to copy the value of another
cell, based on the value of my target cell.

Example:
Formual in Cell L1

If Cell k1 equals P1, I want to copy the value(text) of zz99 to cell
l1. Anyone know the answer to this?

Don Guillett

Function question:

with a formula in cell l1, try
=if(k2=p1,zz99)

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

wrote in message
oups.com...
Okay, I am sure I am an idiot, but I want to copy the value of another
cell, based on the value of my target cell.

Example:
Formual in Cell L1

If Cell k1 equals P1, I want to copy the value(text) of zz99 to cell
l1. Anyone know the answer to this?

Bob Phillips

Function question:

In I1

=IF(K1=P1,ZZ99,"")

I assume ZZ99 is a 20076 cell?

--
HTH

Bob

wrote in message
oups.com...
Okay, I am sure I am an idiot, but I want to copy the value of another
cell, based on the value of my target cell.

Example:
Formual in Cell L1

If Cell k1 equals P1, I want to copy the value(text) of zz99 to cell
l1. Anyone know the answer to this?

[email protected]

Function question:

AWESOME, I got it... The P1 needs to be in quotes, so the formula
would read:
=if(k2="p1",zz99)

Thanks.

Bob Phillips

Function question:

LOL! I thought it was a cell reference.

--
---
HTH

Bob

wrote in message
oups.com...
AWESOME, I got it... The P1 needs to be in quotes, so the formula
would read:
=if(k2="p1",zz99)

Thanks.

Don Guillett