-   -   dynamic ranges with sumproduct (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/136097-dynamic-ranges-sumproduct.html)

Dreamstar_1961

dynamic ranges with sumproduct

trying to use sumproduct fuction with dynamic ranges,
Example "column a" has problem as heading and "column j" has status as the
heading,
I put in a formula of somthing like
=sumproduct((problem="test")*(status="ok")) which should be the same as
putting in
=sumproduct((a1:a200="test")*(j1:j200="ok")) but all I'm getting is a #NUM!
error, is it possiable to use the dynamic range name with sumproduct.

Roger Govier

dynamic ranges with sumproduct

Hi

Have you defined the dynamic ranges?
Just typing the column heading does not act as a dynamic range.

Try
InsertNameDefineName problem Refers to
=OFFSET($A$2,0,0,COUNTA($A:$A)-1)
Repeat using status as Name and column J instead on column A
--
Regards

Roger Govier

"Dreamstar_1961" wrote in
message ...
trying to use sumproduct fuction with dynamic ranges,
Example "column a" has problem as heading and "column j" has status as
the
heading,
I put in a formula of somthing like
=sumproduct((problem="test")*(status="ok")) which should be the same
as
putting in
=sumproduct((a1:a200="test")*(j1:j200="ok")) but all I'm getting is a
#NUM!
error, is it possiable to use the dynamic range name with sumproduct.

Dreamstar_1961

dynamic ranges with sumproduct

Well that worked thanks