-   -   When opening an excel file in Windows Explore, it opens to a grey. (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/136054-when-opening-excel-file-windows-explore-opens-grey.html)

pwink44

When opening an excel file in Windows Explore, it opens to a grey.

When opening an excel file in Windows Explore, it opens to a grey blank
workbook. I then have to go to "File"--Open-- select the file and then it
will open. Any help on how to open the file from Windows Explore with out
having to go thru the process twice??

Dave Peterson

When opening an excel file in Windows Explore, it opens to a grey.

Sometimes one of these works when you're having trouble with double clicking on
the file in windows explorer:

Tools|Options|General|Ignore other applications (uncheck it)

--- or ---

Close Excel and
Windows Start Button|Run
excel /unregserver
then
Windows Start Button|Run
excel /regserver

factory defaults.

Maybe one of these will work for you.

--

Dave Peterson

pwink44

When opening an excel file in Windows Explore, it opens to a g

Dave, not ignoring your advice, I have not been back to the PC that is the
culprit.
tks, pwink44