-   -   What function will find and multiply specific values in excel? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/135610-what-function-will-find-multiply-specific-values-excel.html)

paul/bones[_2_]

What function will find and multiply specific values in excel?

I am using excel 2003.
I am trying to multiply 2 sets of data together for a project. However, I
need to find all the corresponding values of one set for a single given value
in another set.

For example if the first water depth is 10 meters I need to find all the
values in another column that are at 10m depth and multiply those values by
the number of 10m depth measurements.

Barb Reinhardt

What function will find and multiply specific values in excel?

Let's say that you have your water depth in A1:A10 and your "other data" is
in B1:B10.

Try this

=Sumproduct(--(A1:A10=10),(B1:B10))

"paul/bones" wrote:

I am using excel 2003.
I am trying to multiply 2 sets of data together for a project. However, I
need to find all the corresponding values of one set for a single given value
in another set.

For example if the first water depth is 10 meters I need to find all the
values in another column that are at 10m depth and multiply those values by
the number of 10m depth measurements.

paul/bones[_2_]

What function will find and multiply specific values in excel?

Thanks Barb