-   -   functions (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/135534-functions.html)

bkk

functions

need help with a worksheet and how to figure man hours per case.

JE McGimpsey

functions

One way:

Assume # of cases in A1, # of workers in B1, # of hours in C1, then:

D1: =(B1*C1)/A1

In article ,
bkk wrote:

need help with a worksheet and how to figure man hours per case.

bkk

functions

Ok I have 4 workers and it took 10:25 hours to load 5,122 cases.

bkk wrote:

need help with a worksheet and how to figure man hours per case.

JE McGimpsey

functions

OK,

A1: 4
B1: 10:25
C1: 5122
D1: =(B1*C1)/A1

formatted as time, D1 returns 00:00:29 man-hours per case.

If you want to work in decimals rather than times, multiply B1 by 24 to
get 10.4166667 hours. Then D1 (formatted as general, or some other
Number format) returns 0.00813484 man-hours per case.