-   -   Populate the subject line. (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/13552-populate-subject-line.html)

Scott Hutchinson

Populate the subject line.

I'm completly new to excel and am using 2002. I've fumbled my way through
getting a button added to my spreadsheet to automatically send an email to a
particular person when pressed. What I would like to do now is insert into
the email subject line the contents of a cell PLUS additional text.
So if Cell A2 contains 'AAA' (cell one has my button occupying it now) then
I would want the subject line to be something like this 'AAA Finalized
Spreadsheet'

How would one go about doing this?

Also perhaps a seperate subject but this spreadsheet has Letters in column 1
from AAA to ZZZ, each letter represents a location. Is there a way for me to
automate creating mulitple worksheets for each of these locations or rather
FILES. (aaa.xls, bbb.xls) yet each file ONLY contain the data where column 1
is = to aaa or so on? (I'd hate to cut and paste all this!) Also would be
nice if the button would goto each of these 'new' files as well
automatically, including page protections.

Thanks in advance for any help!!!

James

I use the following code to automatically send an email attaching the active
spreadsheet

ActiveWorkbook.HasRoutingSlip = True
With ActiveWorkbook.RoutingSlip
.Delivery = xlAllAtOnce
.Recipients = Array("Name of recipient")
.Subject = "Enter message subject "
.Message = "Main Message"
.ReturnWhenDone = False
End With