-   -   Formula result not appearing in Cell (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/135515-formula-result-not-appearing-cell.html)

Richard

Formula result not appearing in Cell

After I have entered a formula into a cell, the formula appears not the
result. When I check the formula it shows the correct result but does not
appear in the cell. I have tried it with different formulas, even very easy
ones, with the same results. This also does not happen in all cells. I
copied the formula to a cell above the one I wanted it in and it worked fine.
What is causing the formula to appear in the cell instead on the result?

Gord Dibben

Formula result not appearing in Cell

Most common reason is the cells are pre-formatted as Text.

Select a "bad" cell and F2 and ENTER

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP