-   -   How do I sort an excel spreadsheet based off of subtotals? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/135502-how-do-i-sort-excel-spreadsheet-based-off-subtotals.html)

Amber

How do I sort an excel spreadsheet based off of subtotals?

I am trying to sort my spreadsheet based off of the subtotal information that
I have just created. Is it possible to do this?

Jim Cone

How do I sort an excel spreadsheet based off of subtotals?

It sounds theoretically possible to create a custom list using
subtotal information and then sort data using the list as the
sort criteria. It would require VBA code.
You would want to look at the "AddCustomList" and "Sort" methods.
--
Jim Cone
San Francisco, USA

"Amber"
wrote in message
I am trying to sort my spreadsheet based off of the subtotal information that
I have just created. Is it possible to do this?

Dave Peterson

How do I sort an excel spreadsheet based off of subtotals?

Did you use Data|Subtotals to get the subtotals?

If you did, then you could use the outlining symbols on the left hand side to
hide the details.

After you do that, try sorting your data. You should see it change order--and
when you show the details, you'll see that it really works.