-   -   substiute formula = subing something to " (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/135501-substiute-formula-%3D-subing-something.html)

gcelis81

substiute formula = subing something to "

I'm writing a subsitute formula and want to replace %20 with "
but when I write =SUBSTITUTE(D3,"%20",""") I get an error and Excel makes me
do =SUBSTITUTE(D3,"%20","""")

Any way around this??

help!

Teethless mama

substiute formula = subing something to "

=SUBSTITUTE(D3,"%20","")

"gcelis81" wrote:

I'm writing a subsitute formula and want to replace %20 with "
but when I write =SUBSTITUTE(D3,"%20",""") I get an error and Excel makes me
do =SUBSTITUTE(D3,"%20","""")

Any way around this??

help!

gcelis81

substiute formula = subing something to "

I don't know how to cancel this, but I found out that even though the formula
is changing, it still outputs "

"gcelis81" wrote:

I'm writing a subsitute formula and want to replace %20 with "
but when I write =SUBSTITUTE(D3,"%20",""") I get an error and Excel makes me
do =SUBSTITUTE(D3,"%20","""")

Any way around this??

help!

David Biddulph[_2_]

substiute formula = subing something to "

Have you looked at the result? To represent a " symbol within a string
(delimited by a pair of " symbols), you need to double up the " symbol, but
your substitution will result in one " in place the %20.
--
David Biddulph

"gcelis81" wrote in message
I'm writing a subsitute formula and want to replace %20 with "
but when I write =SUBSTITUTE(D3,"%20",""") I get an error and Excel makes
me
do =SUBSTITUTE(D3,"%20","""")

Any way around this??

help!

Ron Rosenfeld

substiute formula = subing something to "

On Mon, 19 Mar 2007 12:22:03 -0700, gcelis81
wrote:

I'm writing a subsitute formula and want to replace %20 with "
but when I write =SUBSTITUTE(D3,"%20",""") I get an error and Excel makes me
do =SUBSTITUTE(D3,"%20","""")

Any way around this??

help!

What is wrong with your result?

If D3 contains a string which contains %20 then your corrected formula will
substitute one double quote for the %20.

What, exactly, is in D3?
What, exactly do you want for a result?

In Excel, when you are quoting quotes, you must double the interior quotes.
--ron

Beege

substitute formula = subing something to "

gcelis81 wrote:
I'm writing a subsitute formula and want to replace %20 with "
but when I write =SUBSTITUTE(D3,"%20",""") I get an error and Excel makes me
do =SUBSTITUTE(D3,"%20","""")

Any way around this??

help!

Try =SUBSTITUTE(D3, %20, CHAR(34))