-   -   How to replicate formulas (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/135315-how-replicate-formulas.html)

Crisco Kid

How to replicate formulas

How can I replicate a formula from, say, A1 thrugh A1000, without having to
physically drag all the way from row 1 to 1000?

T. Valko

How to replicate formulas

Enter the formula in cell A1
Copy cell A1
Hit function key F5
Type A2:A1000
Hit Enter or click on OK
Then EditPaste

Biff

"Crisco Kid" wrote in message
How can I replicate a formula from, say, A1 thrugh A1000, without having
physically drag all the way from row 1 to 1000?

Max

How to replicate formulas

Another way to play it ..

Type A1:A1000 in the namebox*, press ENTER
This selects A1:A1000 with A1 active
*the box with the droparrow just above the "A" col header,
to the left of the formula bar

Then enter** your formula into the formula bar, press CTRL+ENTER
This will fill the entire range as desired
**if you have the formula already in A1,
just click inside the formula, then press CTRL+ENTER
--
Max
Singapore
"Crisco Kid" wrote:
How can I replicate a formula from, say, A1 thrugh A1000, without having to
physically drag all the way from row 1 to 1000?

Fred Smith

How to replicate formulas

One further trick, which doesn't work for column A, but can be very useful in
other columns:

If the column to the left is populated for the entire range, just double-click
on the fill handle.

For example, if you have data in a1:a1000, and enter a formula in b1,
double-clicking on b1's fill handle will fill in formulas down to b1000.

Fred

"Crisco Kid" wrote in message
How can I replicate a formula from, say, A1 thrugh A1000, without having to
physically drag all the way from row 1 to 1000?

Gord Dibben

How to replicate formulas

Fred.

Info only.

Also..........If the column to the right is populated, the double-click will
copy down.

i.e. if B is populated, double-click will fill A

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP