-   -   Creating a sliding scale discount (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/134941-creating-sliding-scale-discount.html)

JonathanW

Creating a sliding scale discount

Hi,
I am trying to work out a formula for creating a sliding scale discount. I'm
trying to create a pricing calculator spreadsheet for a printing company. If
you buy 1 -5 copies the price is X, 6-20 copies the price is Y, 21-50 copies
the price is W and so on. What is the best way of entering a number and
returning the relevant discount amount?
Thanks

Teethless mama

Creating a sliding scale discount

=IF(A1="","",LOOKUP(A1,{1,6,21,51},{"X","Y","W","Z "}))