-   -   how do I sort tabs on an excel spreadsheet (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/134656-how-do-i-sort-tabs-excel-spreadsheet.html)

Percy[_2_]

how do I sort tabs on an excel spreadsheet

All invoices are allocated a job number of which I have a different tab.

Is there a way I can sort these tabs into numerical order

Mike

how do I sort tabs on an excel spreadsheet

Check out this solution

http://www.cpearson.com/excel/sortws.htm

Mike

"Percy" wrote:

All invoices are allocated a job number of which I have a different tab.

Is there a way I can sort these tabs into numerical order

Mike G

how do I sort tabs on an excel spreadsheet

I know you can manualy move them to the order you want. Hold down left
mouse button while over the tab and move.

"Percy" <Percy @discussions.microsoft.com wrote in message
All invoices are allocated a job number of which I have a different tab.

Is there a way I can sort these tabs into numerical order

Percy

how do I sort tabs on an excel spreadsheet

Thank you Mike - but a bit too difficult for me to take in and action

"Percy" wrote:

All invoices are allocated a job number of which I have a different tab.

Is there a way I can sort these tabs into numerical order

Percy

how do I sort tabs on an excel spreadsheet

Thank you Mike - the trouble is I have so many tabs and each time I open one
they all move around again.

"Mike G" wrote:

I know you can manualy move them to the order you want. Hold down left
mouse button while over the tab and move.

"Percy" <Percy @discussions.microsoft.com wrote in message
All invoices are allocated a job number of which I have a different tab.

Is there a way I can sort these tabs into numerical order

Jim Cone

how do I sort tabs on an excel spreadsheet

Percy,
The free Excel add-in "XL Extras" will sort sheets for you.
(just right click on a sheet tab and select sort sheets)
It can do other nice stuff including creating a table of contents sheet.
Download from... http://www.realezsites.com/bus/primitivesoftware
No registration required.
--
Jim Cone