-   -   Excel Date and Time Function (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/134651-excel-date-time-function.html)

[email protected]

Excel Date and Time Function

I have a column of dates formatted as m/d/yyyy and another column of
times formatted as hh:mm:ss. I would like to merge them into one
column. When I concatenate to do this the format of the date changes
to a serial number and I can't get it to be formatted in m/d/yyyy.

Roger Govier

Excel Date and Time Function

Hi

Don't concatenate, just ad the cells
=A1+B1

--
Regards

Roger Govier

wrote in message
s.com...
I have a column of dates formatted as m/d/yyyy and another column of
times formatted as hh:mm:ss. I would like to merge them into one
column. When I concatenate to do this the format of the date changes
to a serial number and I can't get it to be formatted in m/d/yyyy.

David Biddulph[_2_]

Excel Date and Time Function

And format the result cell as d/m/yyyy hh:mm:ss, or whatever you're looking
for.
--
David Biddulph

"Roger Govier" wrote in message